What is assessment of student learning?
- Deciding what we want our students to learn upon completing a given course or program
- Making sure students have multiple opportunities to learn and practice key learning outcomes
- Asking students to demonstrate what they have learned through course-embedded assignments
- Evaluating the extent to which students have achieved the desired learning outcomes
- Using assessment results to confirm or improve student learning (“closing the loop”)
- Documenting and communicating results, conclusions, and next steps on an annual basis
Courtesy of Pikes Peak Community College Libraries, http://libguides.ppcc.edu/c.php?g=502160&p=3437071.